Sometimes, even words cannot express how I feel, but this virtual diary of mine is an exception.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
2013
It's 2013, yes it is. It's funny how time flies, how the gap between one year to another is so big yet seems so little. And yes, throughout 2012, I have endured various things that had made me mature in may ways.
Fears and frustrations, tears and laughter, love and hatred, friends and foes (not anymore hopefully).
Some people may judge me for what I do, but I'll never care about that as long as what I do does not cross any boundaries (in Islam that is) and I'm just happy being me. As long as I know that my family understands and appreciates who I am, that makes me the happiest girl in the world.
But the most crucial thing i learnt from 2012 is, by being grateful for what you have, even if you don't have everything in the world. I have lost some precious treasures in my life this year, even some people I love, but I have gained a lot of friends too. I often question myself sometimes,
"why do people I love have to leave?"
But in the end, I have the answer. Unexpectedly, I found the answer in random places, I see children without parents, and can still live happily, and here I am pondering over something so little that shows how ungrateful I am.
I worry about silly things. How my macbook pro can be so heavy to carry in my bag sometimes, but then I look at my friends who can't even own one. I complain of how sometimes my phone can't even work and I begged my dad for an iPhone, and as I walked by, there are still people sleeping on the sidewalks and don't know who to call and turn to. I complain that I can't have KFC or even dine at a restaurant because mum has cooked at home, but people are starving and doing odd jobs just to buy a meal.
In 2013, I wish that Allah will make me feel content and grateful with what I have and make me strong with all of the tests He gave me and my family. I may have lost some things but I have also gained so many without myself realizing. Sometimes, all we need is just to sit down and look at all the wonders of the world He has given us. And for a second, just trust Him for what he has given us and do not judge. Just pray because He knows us well, more than we do.
Lovely friends,
Everything that happens, happens for a reason. Even if we think we can't handle things sometimes, but you know what? Allah KNOWS WE CAN. That's why He gave the tests to us, not to other people. That's how I comfort myself sometimes. We know that Allah loves us more than anything that we can imagine. So let people judge us, and say bad things, cause we know we have the biggest force protecting us from any evil.
Mum and dad, I love you. Farhana, Saiful Islam, Saifurrahman, I can't ask for better siblings than you guys.
Liyana, Dini, Nabilah, thanks for always being there.
In 2013, I hope that we can be content with what we have and appreciate it more than ever. Have faith in Allah. Because everything in His hands, will turn out to be RIGHT in the end. Insya-Allah.
I know I'll come out stronger.
And I hope you'll do too.
Have a blessed new year everyone.
Love,
Nadiah Husna Zain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment